Admire horse-drawn vehicles from the 1880s and learn how they gave way first to steam driven, then petrol & diesel powered motor lorries & buses. Perhaps remember times when garages might have just a single fuel pump, and someone would come out to serve you petrol at less than 4 shillings a gallon!
Take your time & enjoy being able to move easily between exhibits to inspect them from all sides.
- Walk freely around over 60 historic vehicles - walkways have few roped-off areas and are wheelchair friendly, enabling visitors to get really close to early steam wagons; vintage ﬁre-engines; double-deck & single-deck buses.
We help bring to life times past, and create an entertaining atmosphere.
- Numerous audio-visual displays feature vehicles being built and at work
- Hands-on interactive displays for all ages to enjoy
- Bells ring out from fire-engines rushing to an emergency call.
- Relax in the cinema to watch films from our archives.
- A lorry driving experience where children can really feel that they are driving a large vehicle.
- And then, our guides too have many interesting tales to tell!